Save the Date… and plan to attend the Mendel Art Gallery 50th Anniversary Gala Bewitched! The Magic Continues…
Saturday, November 1, 2014 at the Sheraton Cavalier Hotel. This spectacular evening features gourmet dining, music and wonderful memories.
The entertainers include:
Proceeds from the gala will support an international lecture program at the Remai Modern, recognizing the legacy of the Mendel Art Gallery. For more information, contact Judy Koutecky at email@example.com
CALLING ALL ARTISTS!
The Members’ Show & Sale is organized to encourage and support the Gallery’s members who make art and who are interested in selling their work. It is also a fundraiser for the Gallery, and a vehicle for recruiting new members.
There is no fee to participate; one need only be a member of the Mendel Art Gallery as of the show’s opening date: September 12, 20134
Members may submit two works of art (in any media) that meet the following criteria:
1. All works must be ready for display. All two-dimensional works must be properly framed and wired, and all three-dimensional works properly mounted.
2. Each work must have the following information firmly attached to reverse side: name of artist; title and date of work; medium; price of work; contact phone number.
3. All two-dimensional works may not exceed 4’ X 4’ in size; all three-dimensional works may not exceed
2’ X 2’ X 2’.
4. Members are responsible for both delivery and pickup of artworks.
5. Members must complete a standard information form when they drop off their work.
6. While extreme care will be taken handling artworks, the Gallery does not assume insurance responsibility or any liability for loss or damage of artworks.
7. All work exhibited must be the original work of the artist. Reproductions are not permitted.
8. Prices for artwork must range from $50 to $2,000. All works must include a sale price.
9. The Gallery’s sales commission is 30% of the retail price.
10. The Gallery reserves the right to decline any artworks for inclusion.
Delivery of Work: Members must bring their work to the Mendel Art Gallery on Monday, September 8 between 12 noon and 8:30 p.m.
Opening Reception: Friday, September 12, at 7 p.m.
Pickup of Unsold Work: Monday, October 6 from 12 noon to 8:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact Judy Koutecky at 306-68975-7669 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this episode we hear from Sandra Fraser, co-curator of the major retrospective David Thauberger: Road Trips & Other Diversions. We speak with David Thauberger about the development of his practice that spans four decades and hear from Laura Kinzel about the perennial favourite, School Art. Joi Arcand also reflects on her work in the RBC Artists by Artists mentorship exhibition. Music has been provided by Little Criminals.
Credits (songs in order of appearance)
Nice Windbreaker, Grandma
Popeye & Olive Oil Dancing