Studio Visit Series
The Mendel Art Gallery facilitates studio visits to connect visiting arts professionals with artists working in the community. Artists who are interested in participating in the studio visit series are encouraged to register online through the Saskatoon Studio Visit Registry.
The registry is made available to select local, national, and international arts professionals including curators, arts writers, senior visual artists, researchers, and art critics, who are interested in visiting local artists’ studios. The studio visits are arranged by gallery staff in consultation with the visiting arts professional. The registry is free and portfolio submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Artist must live in Saskatoon and surrounding area.
- Portfolios will be accepted from Post Secondary Students, Emerging and Established Professional Visual Artists.
- Visual Art, for the purpose of this call, is defined as a practice such as drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, photography, installation, performance art, video, and electronic media.
- Established Professional Artists will have produced a significant body of work in their discipline over a number of years; made a contribution regionally, nationally, or internationally to their discipline; and are making a sustained and progressive contribution to the art form.
- Emerging Professional Artists will have completed training in their discipline through formal or informal studies or apprenticeships, are recognized by their peers as having achieved the level of emerging professional in their field, and have attained critical recognition for a body of work that demonstrates their emerging professional status. Undergraduate students registered in an arts discipline are not eligible for a studio visit but are encouraged to attend related exhibition programming.
- Contact Information
- Artist Statement and Bio: Maximum of 1 page combined (PDF format)
- CV – maximum of 5 pages: (PDF format)
- Visual Documentation: 5 images (.jpg or .jpeg) and/or 2 media files (.mov or .mp4)
- Image/Media List: 1 page (PDF format)
- Studio Location (it is ok to work from home!)
Portfolio Submissions are accepted through an online submission process. http://saskatoonstudiovisit.submishmash.com/submit
For more information on the Mendel Art Gallery studio visit series, contact Troy Gronsdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelly Van Damme at email@example.com.