Be inspired by an amazing contemporary drawing exhibition from the National Gallery of Canada!
• For ages 18–108
• Take advantage of the Gallery’s many fine resources.
• Enjoy learning from professional artists in a comfortable and inspiring environment—a fun studio space in which to work, great contemporary drawings on exhibit, interesting plants in the conservatory, and an impressive riverbank location for outdoor activities (weather permitting).
• Demonstrations, warm-ups, sustained projects, critical viewing activities, and supportive feedback.
• Small group size.
• Beginners welcome; challenging for seasoned artists, too!
To register: Call Troy 306-975-8487, firstname.lastname@example.org, daytime, Monday to Friday.
Mendel members receive a 10% discount.
Drawing: Landscape, Still Life, Abstract, and Figure
Mondays, February 24–March 31 (6 weeks), 6:45 to 9 p.m.
$250 plus GST (10% for members)
Gallery provides some materials.*
Instructor: Kelly Van Damme
Figure Drawing Boot Camp
Saturday, March 15, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
$150 plus GST (10% for members)
Bring a bag lunch. Gallery provides all art materials.
Instructor: Robin Adair
Just in time for Valentine’s Day is the Hillberg & Berk sale in the Gallery Shop.
Members get 30% off from February 7 – 14.
Department: Mendel Art Gallery
The City of Saskatoon is an Employment Equity employer.
1. Executes the strategic marketing direction, and brand strategy for the Gallery.
2. Develops, executes and monitors the Gallery’s communications and public relations strategy.
3. Plans, organizes, directs, maintains and evaluates the work of the Marketing and Communications Department.
4. Conducts market research to inform the Gallery’s marketing, communications and public relations strategies.
5. Leads and develops the Gallery’s social media outreach, as part of the marketing, communications and public relations strategy.
6. Manages the overall media plan including print, online, television, radio, and outdoor.
7. Delivers on the Remai Gallery strategic vision by developing and implementing business development plans that meet annual revenue generation targets from product development and sales, admissions, rentals, memberships, events, value-added services and new ventures.
8. Responsible for managing and growing the customer base including setting direction for and evaluating the overall customer experience.
9. Manages the customer service area including overall visitor experience, reception services, way-finding and information delivery.
10. Responsible for managing and growing the membership program including setting direction for and evaluating the overall member experience
11. Ensures editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all gallery publications meets the vision and strategic marketing direction of the Remai Gallery.
12. Oversees the Remai Gallery visual identity, providing direction for graphics standards, branding guidelines and marketing collateral.
13. Supports the strategic direction of the Remai Gallery through the marketing of development and fundraising programmes and events.
14. Cultivates and builds relationships with members of the media and press and directs Communications staff in building media interest in the gallery. Ensures regular contact with target media and timely and appropriate responses to media requests.
15. Assists with preparation of media/press briefings, speeches, presentations and talking points for the CEO, members of the Board and Campaign Committee and the senior staff team.
16. Manages the relationship, contracts and deliverables from consulting firms on marketing, branding, advertising, media, and public relations.
17. Prepares the Marketing and Communications Department’s revenue and expense budgets, monitors progress and reports, along with the Director of Finance & Operations, to the Executive Director /CEO.
18. Recruits, directs, supervises, trains, develops and evaluates the performance of assigned staff, including the Communications Coordinator, Communications Assistant and Visitor Service staff.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned.
* University Degree in marketing, commerce, business, journalism or public relations.
* Seven to nine years’ progressively responsible experience in design and execution of marketing with a minimum of 3 years’ experience at the senior leadership level.
* Strong familiarity with and passion for the arts and tourism sectors combined with knowledge of public sector and non-profit organizational operations.
* Proven competency in business development combined with current knowledge of marketing and social media trends.
* Demonstrated ability in overseeing the design and production of print and web-based materials and publications.
* Demonstrated ability in analyzing sales patterns and research to inform decision-making.
* Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships with assigned staff, trustees, volunteers, artists, donors and sponsors.
* Demonstrated ability to direct and support staff in achieving desired results.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
* Demonstrated ability to express ideas and concepts effectively, orally and writing, including the ability to prepare and present oral and written and audio-visual reports of a specialized nature and the ability to create a persuasive case to garner support for key programs and projects.
* Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
* Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
* Demonstrated skill in the use of a computer using the Microsoft Office Suite and related marketing systems.
$87,917 to $103,303 per annum (2012 rates).
For further information regarding this position, contact Human Resources at (306) 975-3261.
Applications are to be received at Human Resources (Main Floor South, City Hall) by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 12, 2014
December 26 – Open 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
The Gallery Shop’s Boxing Day Sale – up to 50% off selected merchandise.
The Gallery Spaces are closed
January 6 – 24 for installation of the Winter exhibitions.
The galleries will re-open on Friday, January 24, 2014.
Please join us on January 24 at 7 p.m., for a talk/tour with NGC curator Rhiannon Vogl. This will be followed by the opening reception at 8 p.m.
Open during Show Change:
• Civic Conservatory
• Gallery Shop
• Museo Coffee
Two maquettes for a public art project will on view in the Mendel lobby this weekend. The maquettes were created by designers Adrian Stimson, Jean-Sebastien Gauthier and Ian (Happy) Grove for a public sculpture to be installed next year at River Landing. The Whitecap Dakota First Nation selected this design team to create a monument commemorating the Prairies contribution to the War of 1812. The maquettes will be displayed at the Mendel from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, December 13; and from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, December 14 and Sunday, December 15. The artists will be available to speak with the public from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday, December 14.