presented by PotashCorp.
Over the past 50 years, many memories have been made at the Mendel. On November 1st, let’s make another magical memory!
This spectacular evening features gourmet dining, music and wonderful memories, with entertainment featuring Jon Ballantyne, Thomas Yu, Karrnnel.
Join together with community leaders and art lovers to raise a glass to the Mendel Art Gallery’s golden anniversary.
Saturday, November 1, 2014
Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, Saskatoon
6:00 p.m. Cocktails
7:30 p.m. Dinner
$300 – individual tickets
$2,400 – table for eight
Please note that only 300 tickets are available for this special event.
To purchase tickets, please contact Judy Koutecky at 306-975-7669 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proceeds from the gala will support the the Mendel International Lecture at Remai Modern.
CALLING ALL ARTISTS!
The Members’ Show & Sale is organized to encourage and support the Gallery’s members who make art and who are interested in selling their work. It is also a fundraiser for the Gallery, and a vehicle for recruiting new members.
There is no fee to participate; one need only be a member of the Mendel Art Gallery as of the show’s opening date: September 12, 2014
Members may submit two works of art (in any media) that meet the following criteria:
1. All works must be ready for display. All two-dimensional works must be properly framed and wired, and all three-dimensional works properly mounted.
2. Each work must have the following information firmly attached to reverse side: name of artist; title and date of work; medium; price of work; contact phone number.
3. All two-dimensional works may not exceed 4’ X 4’ in size; all three-dimensional works may not exceed
2’ X 2’ X 2’.
4. Members are responsible for both delivery and pickup of artworks.
5. Members must complete a standard information form when they drop off their work.
6. While extreme care will be taken handling artworks, the Gallery does not assume insurance responsibility or any liability for loss or damage of artworks.
7. All work exhibited must be the original work of the artist. Reproductions are not permitted.
8. Prices for artwork must range from $50 to $2,000. All works must include a sale price.
9. The Gallery’s sales commission is 30% of the retail price.
10. The Gallery reserves the right to decline any artworks for inclusion.
Delivery of Work: Members must bring their work to the Mendel Art Gallery on Monday, September 8 between 12 noon and 8:30 p.m.
Opening Reception: Friday, September 12, at 7 p.m.
Pickup of Unsold Work: Monday, October 6 from 12 noon to 8:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact Judy Koutecky at 306-975-7669 or email@example.com.
Annual Members’ Show & Sale
Mark your calendars for the 10th annual Members’ Show & Sale, September 12 to October 5, 2014.
This event is organized to encourage and support gallery members who make art and are interested in selling their work. It’s also a fundraiser supporting acquisitions for the gallery’s permanent collection. There is no fee to participate; one need only be a member of the Mendel Art Gallery when the show opens September 12. Members may submit two artworks (in any media) that meet the Gallery Group’s criteria.
Delivery of work: Monday, September 8, from noon to 8:30 p.m.
Opening reception: Friday, September 12 at 7 p.m.
Retrieving unsold work: Monday, October 6, from noon to 8:30 p.m.
Sales commission proceeds go toward art acquisitions for the permanent collection.
For more information, please contact Judy Koutecky at 306-68975-7669 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“LUGO is a torrid tryst — a one-night celebration of Saskatoon’s vibrant cultural scene,” says Troy Gronsdahl, programmer at the Gallery and coordinator of LUGO.
“This year’s event channels the wonder and imagination arising when art and science converge,” Gronsdahl says. “The eclectic roster of artists includes psych rock outfit Powder Blue, independent theatre, and a provocative and humorous burlesque performance by Kelly Van Damme. A trio of DJs — The Gaff, Charly Hustle and Mr. Fudge — will be flipping records to keep the crowd dancing into the wee hours.”
In addition to stimulating visuals and interactive art, LUGO features offerings from some of the city’s great eateries, including Sushiro, Duck Duck Goose, The Hollows, Congress Beer House, and Calories.
Now in its fifth year, the fundraiser is hitting its stride, with new sponsors coming on board. PotashCorp is the title sponsor of LUGO 2014, SaskEnergy is a major contributor, and Cherry Insurance and Tourism Saskatoon are providing additional support.
Visit golugo.ca for more information.
Tickets are available in the Gallery Shop at the Mendel Art Gallery, 950 Spadina Crescent East.
The arts are an important part of our lives, and so is the connection to local community. In addition to raising funds for the Gallery, LUGO demonstrates the vitality of arts in Saskatoon, highlights our supporters, and celebrates artistic talent and passion within our community. LUGO has become highly anticipated, and its success relies on corporate partner support.
Visit www.golugo.ca for more information.