Join the Mendel Gallery Group Volunteers for this annual event!
SPRING PLANT SALE
Saturday, May 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
MOTHER’S DAY TEA
Saturday, May 10 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· Plan your garden over tea
· Be inspired by Master Gardeners
· Purchase spring plants
· Find the perfect Mother’s Day present in the Gallery Shop
Proceeds from the plant sale and tea support acquisitions for the Gallery’s permanent collection.
For details, contact:
Judy Koutecky, Manager of Volunteer Resources
Art Sale & Fundraiser of the Gallery Group Volunteers
June 20—29, Noon—4 p.m.
June 27, Noon—9 p.m.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
‘Re-stART’ is a fundraiser for the Mendel Gallery Group Volunteers and a sale for those who are interested in selling previously owned art as well as purchasing new-to-you art. There is no fee to participate. Art sale is limited to the first 500 pieces accepted by the Gallery Group.
Works of art must meet the following criteria:
1. All works must be 2-dimensional and ready to hang. Maximum 4 artworks per person.
2. All two-dimensional works may not exceed 4’ X 4’ in size.
3. A standard information form must be completed when you drop off your work.
4. Each work must have the following information firmly attached to reverse side: name of owner, address, contact phone number, name of artist, price of work.
5. You will be responsible for both delivery and pickup of unsold artworks.
6. While extreme care will be taken handling artworks, the Gallery does not assume insurance responsibility or any liability for loss or damage of artworks.
7. All works must include the selling price.
8. If artwork sells, you will receive 60% of selling price. The Gallery’s sales commission is 40% of the selling price.
9. The Gallery reserves the right to decline any artworks for inclusion.
Submissions: Bring artworks for sale to the Mendel Art Gallery on Friday, June 13 and Saturday, June 14 from noon to 6 p.m.
Art sale: Friday, June 20 to Sunday, June 29 from noon to 4 p.m.
(Extended hours Friday, June 27, from noon to 9 p.m.)
Pick-up of unsold artwork: Monday, June 30 from noon to 8 p.m.
Sales commission proceeds go toward art acquisitions for the Mendel Art Gallery permanent collection.
For more information, please contact Judy Koutecky at (306) 975-7669 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“LUGO is a torrid tryst — a one-night celebration of Saskatoon’s vibrant cultural scene,” says Troy Gronsdahl, programmer at the Gallery and coordinator of LUGO.
“This year’s event channels the wonder and imagination arising when art and science converge,” Gronsdahl says. “The eclectic roster of artists includes psych rock outfit Powder Blue, independent theatre, and a provocative and humorous burlesque performance by Kelly Van Damme. A trio of DJs — The Gaff, Charly Hustle and Mr. Fudge — will be flipping records to keep the crowd dancing into the wee hours.”
In addition to stimulating visuals and interactive art, LUGO features offerings from some of the city’s great eateries, including Sushiro, Duck Duck Goose, The Hollows, Congress Beer House, and Calories.
Now in its fifth year, the fundraiser is hitting its stride, with new sponsors coming on board. PotashCorp is the title sponsor of LUGO 2014, SaskEnergy is a major contributor, and Cherry Insurance and Tourism Saskatoon are providing additional support.
Visit golugo.ca for more information.
Tickets are available in the Gallery Shop at the Mendel Art Gallery, 950 Spadina Crescent East.
Order a poinsettia for the holidays!
Choose from gorgeous red, pink, or white. 6” or 10” pots available.
Proceeds go towards purchasing artwork for the Gallery.
Free delivery included.
Deadline for orders: Thursday, November 28.
Deliveries made: Wednesday, December 4.
Ways to order:
• Pick up an order form in the Gallery Lobby
• Call 306-975-7669
Free delivery will be provided by Gallery Group Volunteers. All poinsettias are grown locally by Floral Acres Greenhouse. Courier Delivery compliments of CAN-DO Delivery Services Ltd.
The arts are an important part of our lives, and so is the connection to local community. In addition to raising funds for the Gallery, LUGO demonstrates the vitality of arts in Saskatoon, highlights our supporters, and celebrates artistic talent and passion within our community. LUGO has become highly anticipated, and its success relies on corporate partner support.
Visit www.golugo.ca for more information.