The Mendel Art Gallery requires part-time casual Program Guides for work starting in June, 2013.
Program Guides facilitate educational programs for a diverse range of audiences—including special interest groups, casual gallery visitors, and
event participants—at the Mendel Art Gallery and in the community.
Are you an outgoing and enthusiastic “people” person who loves art?
As a Mendel Program Guide or Art Class Instructor you will deliver family, outreach, casual visitor, and studio programs during the summer, with the possibility of ongoing employment. You should be available Thursday afternoons for professional development, and be interested in one or more of the following programs:
Family, Outreach, Studio, and Casual Visitor Programs:
• able to conduct family and studio programs at the Mendel Art Gallery and related sites in the community.
• able to provide information about the exhibitions to casual visitors as an “Ask Me” gallery attendant.
• able to conduct weekday summer art camps for kids ages 5 through 12.
• available for daytime, evening, and weekend hours, in addition to Thursday afternoons for training/meetings.
• able to maintain a regular schedule of about three half-days or more weekly.
Qualiﬁcations: Applicants must have experience in artmaking, an understanding of
historical and contemporary art practices, and a demonstrated ability to work with different age groups. Some post-secondary training in studio art, art history, or art education is required. Candidates must be organized, creative, enthusiastic, and able to work with a team.
APPLY NOW with a résumé and cover letter.
Mendel Art Gallery, 950 Spadina Crescent East, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3L6
attn: Laura Kinzel, Public Programs Coordinator
Please outline your availability (ie. daytime weekday hours only, weekends, evenings), program interests, and suitability.
Only applications with a cover letter will be accepted. Make a note if you can speak French.
Applications will be reviewed on May 22. Interviews will take place May 28, 2013.
Training begins June 4.
Thanks to all applicants: please note that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
Call Laura Kinzel, Public Programs Coordinator, 306-975-8052, for more information.