Mandate & Goals
The Mandate of the Mendel Art Gallery:
To operate and maintain in the City of Saskatoon, a public museum for the collection, exhibition, preservation and interpretation of works of art and for the development of public understanding and appreciation of art.
Goals of the Mendel Art Gallery:
• To further develop a major community asset for the people of Saskatoon.
• To support and promote the visual artists of Saskatoon and Saskatchewan.
• To be Saskatoon’s centre for visual art experiences in the broadest and most inclusive ways possible.
• To be actively engaged in Saskatchewan’s various communities by sharing resources and expertise.
• To present a balanced, quality program of exhibitions and to provide the most innovative public and professional programs, thereby ensuring that our constituents have maximum enjoyment of the visual arts.
• To be a leading visual arts institution, locally and nationally.
• To make significant gains in private sector support for the Mendel Art Gallery.